The therapy approach used at the Institute is called Incorporation Therapy. According to the information sheet of the Institute, Incorporation Therapy is a proactive approach to the stabilization of the internal crisis and chaos that is the hallmark of those suffering from dissociative disorders.
The Institute not only treats the disorders, but takes the time to educate the patient about why the patient processes life the way she does. That just is not done in most treating facilities of this type, making the Institute unique in the one respect; however, the Institute is truly unlike most treating facilities in several ways including but not limited to:
- All patients are voluntarily admitted - that means no one is 'committed' to the Institute
- No restraints of any kind are used - ever
- No one forces you to recall buried traumatic memories
- A contract is signed between therapist and patient and the patient takes an active part in her own treatment
- The therapists are educators as well as facilitators of treatment
The list could go on. Patients are made to feel safe, secure and supported at the Institute from the moment they enter - and we know just how important that can be as we work at building the bridge between surviving and living.
We have survived; now it is time to LIVE. Please consider receiving treatment at WITT.
- Facilitate the connection of the emotional
- Defuse the pain that was fused with
- Rescuing the lost parts of self.
- Forgiving and Accepting Self.
Women's Institute for Incorporation Therapy